The course deals with methods for the modeling, simulation and formal analysis of complex systems such as populations, biological systems, social networks, and so on.
- Complex systems: basic concepts and the relationships between component interaction and population dynamics
- Modelling methodologies: rule-based notations (chemical reaction metaophor), differential equations, Petri nets and agent-based modelling
- Representation of system behavior: transition systems and probabilistic/stochastic models
- Analysis techniques: discrete event simulation, stochastic simulation, model checking and statistical model checking
- Applications: selected case studies from social sciences, life sciences (biology and biomedicine) and others
- Teacher: PAOLO MILAZZO