Mid and Final term discussion

Clarifications regarding the figure of the seller and the auctioneer in DAPP project

Clarifications regarding the figure of the seller and the auctioneer in DAPP project

by WILLIAM GUGLIELMO -
Number of replies: 1

Hello,

I have a doubt on how to assign the roles of seller and auctioneer within the DAPP.

In particular, given that in the final term it was not planned to specify the address of the seller during the creation of an auction, I assumed that it was the seller who created the auction.

Now, to differentiate these two figures I think it is enough to add the address of the seller as a parameter during the creation of the auction.

But here there is a new problem in developing the DAPP, a mechanism must be created to allow sellers to show their willingness to sell something (I imagine it should be done with a new smart contract).

I don't know if I understand the text of the project.

In my view of the final term, the seller is the entity that creates the contract and the auctioneer implicitly implemented through smart contracts that prevent invalid bids and allow the exchange of money.

Thanks in advance

William Guglielmo

In reply to WILLIAM GUGLIELMO

Re: Clarifications regarding the figure of the seller and the auctioneer in DAPP project

by ANDREA LISI -

Hi, sorry for the late.

Yes, I also imagine that the owner of the auctioneer contract (which implements the logic) is the seller of the object modeled by the contract.

Quoting 
[But here there is a new problem in developing the DAPP, a mechanism must be created to allow sellers to show their willingness to sell something (I imagine it should be done with a new smart contract).]

Yes, you can develop new smart contracts to help you with your DAPP. You can then put them in a "Changelog" section in your final report, for example.